Thursday, September 3, 2009

Convention and the aftermath.



WOW

The 2009 USANA International convention was so exciting and amazing. It's slogan 'No Limits' truly fit it well. I'll be talking about some of the things Danielle and I learned over the next several days, but I wanted to share with you the difference it made in us this time.

Our first convention we went to, we went as new associates and we were overwhelmed by the number of people involved with this amazing company. I knew there was a lot, but the Salt Lake City Police Department has to come out when general sessions let out so that they can direct traffic and help all of us cross the street safely. We fill the stadium. Thousands of people just like you and me, spending a week with sore feet and away from home, to come together and celebrate one man's vision. I had complete confidence in the company after that first convention, and I ALREADY had confidence in the product. Danielle and I felt there was still a piece missing.

There was.

Listening to the success of the people this year, listening to the stories. A Chinese woman with NO education, who can't speak English, who has no money and has to work her business between 11pm and 3am the next day. Blows the 'no time' and 'no money' out of the water. Les Brown, Dr Dennis Waitley, and of course Collette Larsen, who admittedly puts me into tears every time.

I didn't speak much about it on the way home. I felt bad. Here we have been in this business and not REALLY even TRIED! Our paycheck showed it too. I tell people it's a job where you paycheck TRULY reflects your work. Listening to 'Think and Grow Rich' by Napoleon Hill, Thinking about the interview of Tim Sales done by Larry King, LIVE on our stage. I knew this business will grow, and I will grow it.

So if you look at me and say “Those things don't work.” I will tell you “I KNOW, it doesn't work, like a bicycle doesn't move. You have to move the bicycle, you have to go through the motions, and it's hard to get it started moving at first. But once that bicycle starts moving, it gets easier. There will be times you can coast. There will be down hills where things are easy. But there will be up hills too. Where things get hard. But if you keep pedaling and keep trying... you'll get to where your going. What I want to know is, where do you want to go?

You see that is what we were missing Confidence in ourselves. You can hear it too. we went from "well we kinda want to do this..." to "this is where we are going." Stay tuned. Because I learned a lot at conference, and I'm eager to share it with everyone. This truly is a business anyone can do.

~James

No comments: